Business Lecturer (Accounting)
I am a focused accounting and business lecturer/tutor, with over 15 years of teaching experience within the university and tertiary organisations in a multicultural environment.
I have great skills in delivering accounting and business management subjects, with a record of achieving outstanding student success rates and continuously receiving excellent student feedback from online student evaluations.
I will also bring in interpersonal skills, organisational, computing, management and leadership skills and communication skills.
Teaching Courses: Auditing, Financial and Managerial Accounting up to advanced level, NZ Taxation, Financial Management and Business Law.
- Towner, N., Taumoepeau, S. Lal, B. & Pranish. T. (2017). Intervention and outcomes for Pasifika students: A New Zealand private tertiary education provider (PTE) case study. New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies, (52), 1-22. DOI 10.1007/s40841-017-0081-4
- Taumoepeau, S. Towner, N., Lal, B. & Pranish, T. (2016). Governance, intervention and outcomes for Pasifika students in New Zealand: A case study. Presentation at CRIE conference ‘Trends and issues in international education’, Auckland Institute of Studies, Auckland, 19 – 20 January.
- Taumoepeau, S., Towner, N., Lal, B. & Pranish, T. (2015). Governance, intervention and outcomes for Pasifika students in New Zealand: A case study. Hospitality Education Providers Forum, Auckland, 28 August.
- Taumoepeau, S., Pranish, T. & Lal, B. (2014). The effectiveness of particular support mechanisms for Pasifika students in New Zealand: A case study. Presentation at the University of the South Pacific Vaka Pasifika Education Conference ‘Weaving Theory and Practice in Teacher Education for Oceania’, 23-26 September, Nukualofa, Tonga.
- MPBS (Hons) (Accounting) Auckland University of Technology New Zealand
- PGDip Ed, BA (Accounting) University of the South Pacific Fiji
- DipEd Fiji, Cert AET New Zealand.
- 2004 - 2012 School of Business Management, New Zealand Management Academies, New Zealand
- 2007 Business Department, Whitireia Community Polytechnic, Auckland Campus
- 1998 - 2003 Facility of Business and Finance, University of the South Pacific, Fiji
- 1992 –1997 Department of Commerce, Indian College and Ministry of Education, Suva, Fiji
- 1989 - 1992 Department of Commerce, Penang High School, Fiji.
Professional Body Membership
- The Institute of Internal Auditors New Zealand
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Australia
Professional Development Certificates
- MYOB Train the Trainer - NZ and Australia
- XERO Accounting