Flexible Study Options
Fast-Track Programmes and Flexible Entry Dates
- The flexible three-semester system at AIS, with intakes in February, May and September, allows committed students to fast-track their programmes in a shorter timeframe than at traditional institutions, which reduces costs and allows faster entry into employment.
- Our semester-based programmes include Level 5 diploma, Level 6 diploma, bachelor degree and graduate diploma qualifications. Classes for all these programmes are held during daytime hours, Monday to Friday.
- Our Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) programmes offer six intakes per year (usually early February, late March, late May, mid-July, mid-September and early November).
- Postgraduate classes are normally held during daytime hours on Saturdays and Sundays. Some classes may be held on Mondays as well, and tutorials and examinations are held on weekday evenings, thereby affording the opportunity for employment on at least four days during the week.
- We offer two intakes per year (February and September) for our intensive eight-week Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CertTESOL) programme, which is taught during daytime hours, Monday to Friday.
- Our English Language Centre (ELC) has an intake every Monday morning for 50 weeks of the year for students who wish to improve their English proficiency. Classes in General English and Skills English are offered for periods of 1 to 50 weeks in duration.
- Our ELC also offers English for Academic Purposes I (EAP1) and English for Academic Purposes II (EAPII) courses with three intakes per year (February, June and September), and an IELTS Preparation course with four intakes per year (January, April, June and September). These courses are of 12 weeks duration each. Other courses available in the ELC run to meet demand.
View the AIS Calendar for information on all intake dates for the year.