Jobs at AIS
AIS is a unique tertiary institution with a distinctive international focus. A high standard of teaching occurs within the framework of the AIS strategic vision.
Employment at AIS offers the opportunity to work with a wide variety of cultures. Throughout the year staff and students celebrate significant events such as Chinese New Year and Diwali.
Staff have free use of both our library and sports hall/gymnasium facilities, and there are also benefits for those who wish to study at AIS.
Student Careers Centre Supervisor
Established in 1990, Auckland Institute of Studies (AIS) is one of New Zealand’s largest independent degree-granting institutions. AIS is a leading Category 1 provider offering a wide range of programmes including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Category 1 is the highest rank achievable from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and is acknowledgement of the excellent standards at AIS and places the institute amongst the best quality education providers in New Zealand.
We have an exciting opportunity for a flexible, well-organised and experienced careers professional to join our team. This is a permanent, full-time role in a city fringe location with free parking on-site. As our Student Careers Centre Supervisor we will ask you to:
- Provide advice and support services to students to ensure that they are well prepared and ready for employment.
- Develop meaningful relationships with new and existing employers and employment partners for part-time work opportunities for students during their studies and permanent employment for graduating students and alumni.
- Coordinate and lead employer events including careers fairs, industry functions and presentations.
- Actively participate in regular engagement and events with graduates, alumni and employers.
- Deliver work preparation programmes including effective job searching, CV writing, and interview skills.
- Identify and promote current employment opportunities for students.
The successful applicant will need the following:
- Excellent inter-personal and cross-cultural skills
- Previous experience/and or qualification in a recruitment or careers advisor role
- The ability to work alongside and build relationships with students in order to provide appropriate careers advice
- A network of employer contacts and industry connections in order to grow employment opportunities for our students and graduates
- An appreciation of New Zealand immigration policy
- Excellent administration, time management and presentation skills and the ability to operate confidently in a computer-based environment
Salary range: $45,000pa to $48,000pa
For more information please call 09 815 1717 ext 621.
To apply please email the HR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 8th March 2019